- Victor Clore Receives CPIFL Defensive Player of the Week Honors
- OKD Sign A Pair of Ace Defensive Backs
- Defenders Defensive Back Madu Signs with the CFL Ottawa RedBlacks
- Defenders over Haymakers 73-61
- Defenders Drop A Wild One 44-50
- Zach Rasmussen Receives CPIFL Offensive Player of the Week Honors
- Oklahoma Defenders Capture Dodge City Law in 56-49 Win
- Oklahoma Defenders Dominate the Koyotes
- Defenders Add Impact with Former OU Sooner and Detroit Lion Sam Proctor
- Defenders Sign Former AFL Ironman of the Year Jeff Hughley
Defenders Add Impact with Former OU Sooner and Detroit Lion Sam Proctor
- Updated: February 12, 2014
Tulsa, OK – The Oklahoma Defenders announced today the signing of yet another high caliber player, Safety Sam Proctor. Proctor played safety and special teams at the University of Oklahoma 2008-2011 with fellow Defender Ronnell Lewis; both players were then signed by the Detroit Lions in 2012.
As a Sooner, Proctor played in 53 games and accumulated 103 tackles. He was an important part of special teams and had multiple tackles on special teams each season. Proctor was also known at OU for inspiring his teammates to remain dedicated to the sport they love. At Pearland High School in Pearland Texas, he ran 221 times for 1,658 yards and 19 touchdowns as a senior. He completed 42 of 82 passes for an additional 456 yards and four touchdowns as a team captain, helping his team to the Texas Class 5A State Semifinals. He played defense twice and recorded a tackle each time. He has now returned to Oklahoma and is ready to go for the 2014 Defenders season that starts March 1.
“Proctor is a guy that will make an immediate impact for us this season, and is a very nice addition to our talented secondary. He’s a high-caliber athlete with a great work ethic, but most of all, he’s a character guy on and off the field,” stated Oklahoma Defenders Head Coach Derek Rasmussen.
Proctor commented, “I’m excited, the organization is great and the players are hard working. I’m ready to add my play-making ability to the team. I’m always looking for the opportunity to make a positive impact on others and the community and I believe playing for the Defenders will definitely give me that opportunity. Get ready for big plays and big hits from this former Oklahoma Sooner and Detroit Lion.”
The opening game of the 2014 season, the Aloft Tulsa Downtown Kickoff Classic, is scheduled for Saturday, March 1st at the Cox Business Center, 100 Civic Center Drive, in Tulsa. Season tickets, group discount tickets are now on sale. Single-game tickets will go on sale Friday, February 14.
www.oklahomadefenders.com Facebook: Oklahoma Defenders Twitter: @okdefenders